Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's cookin'?

Ok, friends, I'm pretty excited because I'm mentioned on Tamera Alexander's blog (http://tameraalexander.blogspot.com/) today! When I saw her post last week that had a recipe for a Weight Watchers key lime pie, it brought back my memory of a Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter pie that I had made in the past. Ya'll...this pie is out of sight! I wish I could think of an even better way to say how good it is. I haven't made it in a while (still doing the no sweets at all thing), but if you're looking for a healthier chocolate/peanut butter alternative, this is a good option! So...here's the recipe! (source: Weight Watchers)

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie Recipe

Ingredients: 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter

4 oz light cream cheese

4 oz fat-free cream cheese

12 oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk

2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1 cup lite whipped topping, thawed if frozen

5 Tbsp mini chocolate chips, divided

6 oz pie crust

Directions: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter and both types of cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and lemon juice; fold in whipped topping and 4 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. Spoon peanut butter mixture into prepared pie crust; sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips over top. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Slice into 10 pieces and serve. Dig in!

Weight Watchers Points = 7 (WW Points)

One thing I do, but it would probably add a point or two, is just buy the low fat cream cheese and use it instead of light and fat free and using half of each. It depends on you...both ways taste good. I just like to save a few bucks and not have any leftover cream cheese! Hope you enjoy!


I'm all set, too, to put some chicken in the crock pot for supper tonight. Need something easy? This is a great recipe! Three ingredients:

chicken (I used boneless/skinless breasts)

1 can cream of chicken soup with herbs (be sure to get it with herbs!)

16 oz sour cream (I've used 8 oz before because I didn't have enough and it was fine, too!)


Mix the soup and sour cream together and pour it over your chicken in the crock pot. If you have a good bit of time, you can cook it on slow for several hours. Not much time, I do it about 2 1/2 hours on high...sometimes 3 hours.


Hope you enjoy! Be sure to check out Tamera's blog! It's great : ).

2 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

I was skimming the recipe when I noticed the boneless/skinless chicken breasts in your chocolate peanut butter pie.

that is brillian. Because no one's gonna get fat eating that!!!

(I went back and read more closely....which is a shame because now I'm starving!!!)

The Great Adventure said...

: ) Well, I must say that chocolate makes almost anything taste better...but...I've yet to try it with chicken. There's a first time for everything! lol