Thursday, March 10, 2011

So long sugar...

My mantra for the week is...well, mantras...sugar is poison, sugar will make me gain weight, sugar will drain me, sugar is not good for me, don't eat it, don't eat it...and the mantra list goes on. It's no secret that I love sugar. I mean, just look at my posts. There are a lot about sugary goodness (wait, no, sugary badness) that I've enjoyed. I've got to say goodbye to Hello There Cupcake. At least for now. Maybe I can revisit when I've gotten control over my cravings.


So why am I doing this to myself? Denying myself something I obviously love? Well, sometimes denying yourself is the best thing you can do. I have indulged in sugar for a long time, and I've had times of victory, but there have been a lot of times of overindulgence. Some of you out there can sample a little sugar and it doesn't bother you, you can move on. With me, if I have one bite, it's like the flood gates come open. I only want more. Then I gradually get to the point where I have a little more each day until it's just expected that I'm going to have something sweet to cap off my meal. That is leading to weight gain...and I'm sure other health issues. The numbers are rising, and my discipline is getting out of control. I needed to regroup and refocus and go back to being more healthy.

Me at Hello There Cupcake (isn't it cute?!)


I've been on this current weight loss journey for over a year now and I've lost almost 35 lbs. I want to keep going. I want to lose more, but I also want to be healthy. Letting go of sugar and fighting my cravings with the truth is only going to move me forward. I've been reading a 21-day devotion called Craving God that I got for free on Amazon (Kindle for PC). God knew what I was going to be going through when I picked this freebie up. I had passed it by a few times and finally decided to get it. It's been so good. I would definitely recommend it if you're struggling with this issue.

I have to say a huge thank you to my dear friends who are helping me on this journey. Three of these amazing women have wrote me challenging and encouraging emails or talked with me on the phone about needing to get back on track and refocus on my commitment to be healthy and lose weight. I can't lie...it's tough to get words like that. But I will say that I could not do this as well as I have without their love, encouragement, and support. I am so blessed to have friends that care enough to help me like that! I love you gals!
Pray for me, friends! I'll need it. New mantra...Lord, help me!

No comments: