Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hoodwinked and airplane rides

So here is my child at the dinner table with, yes, a pair of tights on her head. She wore them like this for quite a while this afternoon. Her reason for doing this: they made excellent bunny ears. She was telling me how long the ears were and how much she liked them. The hubby comes home and we sit down for supper. Sophie is totally focused on her food as Joe was intentionally staring at her. He wanted to see if she would notice him. He leaned in closer...still no response. **enter background info** Our family loves the movie "Hoodwinked". It's a great little animated movie about the "true story" of what happened to Little Red Riding Hood. We've been watching it lately and I just crack up. The wolf character is hilarious. Reminds me of Fletch. Anyway, on one part Little Red says, "You crazy wolf!" I would give you a little more context, but it would take forever.**back to dinner at our house** Joe continues to try and get our bunny-eared daughter's attention when, totally randomly, she looks at him and says, "You crazy wolf!" I guess you had to be there...but I thought it was hilarious! Dinner time was not the only adventure we had today. At school Bethany suggests that we take a "trip" to Hawaii. She wanted to make sure we took an airplane ride. I thought that sounded fun and have never been opposed to being spontaneous. : ) So I dug out those little airplane travel packs and ticket stubs that I've saved for some reason. The girls were able to have their own personal eye mask. Way back when they were actually free!
Here we are disembarking. We had to gather our bags and Bethany had her baby and her stroller. Boy, did that bring back memories!
After we went to Hawaii, I decided that we should fly to Thailand, too, to visit my former country of residence. I taught them how to wai (bow with their hands) and say "sawasdee kha" (hello in Thai). I also got to remember a few of my old Thai phrases and say them to the girls. What fun! But alas, before we could stay too long it was time to fly home. We got our bags, got on the plane, and headed back.
There's never a dull moment. I wouldn't change it, either!

God bless!

No comments: