Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An Ikea find

This is our bed. This is about the closest I get to making it up. I think it looks pretty good, considering most of the time it looks like I did battle with the covers the night before. Anyway, notice the pillow covers. I love these pillow covers. Not only do we have pillow covers, but we have a duvet cover to match...all for the low price of $14.99 at Ikea. Yes, only $14.99, people! At first I wasn't sure how it was going to look in our room. Before the red and white came along, I had a duvet cover and matching pillow shams made in Thailand from Thai silk. It was awesome. It was dark chocolate brown and a pretty gold color, and the big pillow shams were the same colors with additional bright color blocks on the front that matched an embroidered picture I had bought in Thailand. Honestly, when I got all of this stuff before I came back to the states, my plan was to set myself up as a hip single girl. At least that's what I was trying to do. I had no idea that less than 10 mos. after stepping off the plane I would be married. I had never even met my husband until a month after I got home. Anyway, back to the story, I loved my silk stuff, but the fabric wasn't very strong, apparently, and it kept getting rips in it. I was taking it to the seamstress for repairs and I felt like the best thing to do was just pack it away and keep it from getting messed up. So began the long search for something new. I was too cheap to buy something equal to what I had. I waited until finally I found this! I already had a red dust ruffle and I thought the color and accessories in our room would go well with the red/white, so I got it. I have been very happy with it! Here's a close up of the pattern. My camera doesn't really do it justice. It kind of has a linen look to the fabric, too. I love linen : ).
So, if you're ever in need of a nice, not too expensive duvet cover, check out Ikea! They have a lot of variety!

No comments: