Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nail Salon

This weekend is my first no kids, no husband, girl weekend. I've been away from the hubby before, but I still had the kids with me. I've been away from the kids before, but still had the hubby with me. I miss them, but I'm also enjoying myself! Tonight my dear mother arranged for a couple of us to go get our nails done, our toes done, a facial, and a neck and back massage!! One word: awesome! My back was sore from lifting kids and doing stuff around the house, and I was wishing that I could have a massage. It was divine! Exactly what I needed. My nails turned out cute, too! I got a "design" on them that makes me feel all young and cool. :D While we were there, we were talking to the technicians (?) at the place, asking them where they were from, their families, etc. There was a bit of a language barrier. I was definitely wishing that I could speak Vietnamese. But we did gather a few things from "Tina", our wonderful massage therapist. She had left Vietnam and from the little bit I could understand, I think she said that her husband and daughter were still there. My heart went out to her. She was so sweet. Even when we informed them that we were getting the "luxury" package and not the "deluxe", and they looked at each other in a concerned way and started speaking Vietnamese to each other, she was still really nice. Our experience did bring something to mind, though. If you've never seen this, it reminded me a lot of our experience at the nail salon tonight! Too funny! I think I've actually posted it before....but this one has a little extra before the nail shop bit. Hope you all have a great weekend...I already am! Girls weekend is awesome!


No comments: