Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

I must say, this weekend was balm to the weary momma's soul. As before mentioned, I've never had a Mommy-only getaway, and now this may be what I ask for at every birthday and Christmas! It was great! It didn't hurt that my Mom (and Dad) treated me like a queen! My hubby also kept the house straight while I was gone! That really ministered to me, too!


So after the fabulous nail/massage night, the next day was equally as wonderful. We began by walking two miles with my grandfather, ate at Panera Bread, went to a movie (in which we got a free ticket, free popcorn, and free drinks....what?! That has NEVER happened to me before!), went looking around/shopping at the mall, and then ate with family. We also picked up some cupcakes at Hello There Cupcake! Mmmmm. Don't hate me.


The next day we slept in and I got to stop by a consignment sale. How I love consignment sales! I did not even realize that the sale I usually go to was happening this weekend. We only had a chance to stop by the last day. My thoughts were that we wouldn't find as much. Well, I found exactly what I was looking for! And the great thing is that at most consignment sales, the last day marked items are 50% off. I got Sophie several short sleeved shirts for this summer for only $1 a piece. I even got Isaac a shirt for 50 cents! You can't beat it!


Little man loves his new crocs! He was thoroughly upset when I had to take them off to give him a bath. He wanted to wear them in the tub!

I thought these were cute for little man.
Consignment sale total: for Sophie: 1 pair shorts, 2 skirts, 1 jumper, 1 UGA cheerleader outfit, 6 short sleeved shirts; for Isaac: 2 pairs shoes, 2 short sleeved onesies, 1 short sleeved shirt, 1 shorts outfit=$25 and some change
Yippee! We're set for the summer!
Now I'm back to normal life again, but I am refreshed, encouraged, and ready to start a new week! God bless!

No comments: