Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lemon Chicken...a Daniel family staple!

I looked back through some of the recipes I've posted and didn't see one of our favorites...lemon chicken! It won't hurt to post it again, though, if I just happened to miss it. This recipe is easy and very tasty. It's kind of got a tangy, lemony, mustardy flavor--but not too strong. It goes great on rice, with mashed potatoes and english peas, or, like we did last night, just some steamed veggies. If you have your chicken good and thawed, it comes out tender and moist. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Lemon Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I've even done this with bone-in chicken)
1 3 oz package of lemon jello (not the pudding)
1/4 cup oil (I use canola..I don't think olive oil would taste too good with this)
1/4 cup yellow mustard (I used the cheap kind in the bottle)
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
*that's it!*
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in an oven safe dish (I used my big pyrex). Mix all ingredients together. Pour over chicken. Put in oven and cook for about 1 hour. You don't have to cover it. Check after an hour, and if it's got a nice golden color, it's done. (I usually cut my chicken open just to be sure..but it doesn't look as pretty all chopped up! )
Isn't that easy?! When jello is on sale, I usually buy about 3 or 4 boxes of the lemon just to have it on hand, because the other ingredients are things I typically have in stock. A definite go-to dish! God bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Traveling Stacey is a Seekerville winner. Please go to the Weekend Edition and follow the instructions!!

Congratulations!

http://seekerville.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekend-edition-daylight-savings-time.html