Saturday, June 13, 2009

I did it....well...we did it!!

When Sophie accomplishes a task or something she really wanted to do, we'll sing this little song...it goes...I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it.....I did it! I think it came from Dora the Explorer or something like that. Well, I felt like singing that song today, except I need to change it to...we did it! I gave my friend LeeAnn a call today and asked her if she could help me with my sewing project...or help me with my machine! She said I could go by her house this afternoon and she would help me and I could use her machine. I did and it was so much fun!! She showed me some things I could do with Sophie's dress, helped me with my little blunders, and also showed me how to start on the machine. Then she let me do most of the sewing! What a great teacher she is! She wanted me to feel like I had done the project...but I couldn't have done it without her! All I had to do when I got home is put the ribbon through the top. I let Sophie try it on to see if it fit and she didn't want to take it off! I can't wait for her to wear it to church tomorrow. I may like this sewing thing! :-)

3 comments:

No Greater Gift Mom said...

How cute it is (as is the little one wearing it)!! You did a fabulous job- congrats!
In Him,
E

Keisha said...

Oh my Word!! Darling!! Just Darling!! Way to go Girl!!
I'm sorry I couldn't get it together to help. But, I am sooo not a very good teacher either. lol!
I din't know that she sewed! Cool!

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, ya'll, for the encouragement!! I hope this will motivate me to keep trying new sewing projects! ;-D