Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birthday dreams

Since I was a little girl, I've loved my birthday. I guess it helped that I am a fourth of July baby. I love the fireworks (just for me, right?!), swimming, having slumber parties (when I was a teenager), and just getting to hang out with family and friends. As an adult, I still have some of those birthday wishes in my heart, but I'm not able to do the same things I did when I was young. I've got a husband and kids now! :-) But that doesn't mean that I can't have a fun celebration. I usually end up celebrating for a couple of days instead of just one. This year will be no different. We're going to head to Macon for a day so that I can hang out with my family there, and do some fun things. We're going to eat at this cute little restaurant called Twila Faye's Tea Room in Bolingbroke, GA. We've been going there off and on for years and it's so fun! That'll be for lunch. I've already told Joe that there must be a trip to Krispy Kreme! Joe doesn't give in on that place because we know that it's fattening. He knows it's a weakness of mine. But for my birthday, I'm going to get a dozen of a variety of doughnuts and we're going to bring them back to Eastman if there's any left and we're going to EAT THEM! Yay!


I can't wait. We're even going to have some coffee with them! I want to get some good new shoes for my birthday gift to myself...and from the fam. I want something comfortable, supportive, and something I can wear casually or possibly to church. Multifunctional. Any suggestions? I'm not a good shopper, so I would love some help! My sister was thinking about getting some of these:

What do you think? I think they're so cute. They're by Keen. Anybody have these? Anyway, for the actual birthday we're going to go hang out with some friends from church and have a cookout/hangout. I'm really looking forward to it! And my mom is making me a chocolate cake. Have I mentioned that I LOVE my birthday! :-)

Blessings!

No comments: