Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Loving cream cheese! (*slightly edited...*)

Ok...I don't know about ya'll, but cream cheese is awesome to me!! I could eat that stuff with just about anything! Something I did today that I got from my friend Keisha is to pour salsa over cream cheese. It was great with the sandwich I had for lunch. I actually have been eating my salsa with reduced fat wheat thins and I like it just as much, if not more, than eating with tortilla chips. My grandmother gets pepper jelly...which I normally would have nothing to do with...and pours it over cream cheese...and it's awesome for parties or as a snack. One of my favorite party foods or even a great dessert for the family is fruit pizza. It has cream cheese, of course, and it is very good! Here is the recipe, complements of http://www.cooks.com/ (one of my favorite websites for recipes):

Fruit Pizza

  • 2 packages of cream cheese
  • 1 roll refridgerated sugar cookie dough
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
  • Pizza pan
  • Assorted fruit...suggestions: kiwi, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blue or black berries, bananas, marachino cherries

Spread cookie dough over pizza pan. Cook the crust as directed on wrapper. In a bowl, microwave cream cheese until soft. Add vanilla and sugar. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled cookie. Cut and lay fruit in circles. Serve immediately.

Hope you enjoy! *Another great way to serve it is to just bake the easy sugar cookies that are already sliced and let them cool really good and then spread the mixture over it and put the fruit on there. That way you can have little individual fruit pizzas...easy to serve and you don't have to cut! Great for kids, too!* I will hopefully post some great party food recipes soon. My family LOVES to do party foods for family get-togethers, game nights, etc. If you have any great recipes, I'd love to have them...especially if they're fast and easy!

God bless!

2 comments:

A Day Between said...

Cream cheese and sliced green olives mixed together is one of my favorite snacks. Awesome as a sandwhich or on crackers.

Horrible secret ... I actually prefer the Neufatchel (1/3 less fat) cream cheese!

-erh

The Great Adventure said...

I use that cream cheese a lot, too! Honestly, I've found that I can't really tell much of a difference. :-)