Monday, June 8, 2009

Love this book!



I mentioned before that for Sophie's second birthday, we had a storybook party. My friend LeeAnn came (she's an Usborne books consultant) and basically hosted for me. One of the books we put on Sophie's wish list was this book. Her uncle got it for her. We just got it this past week because it was on back order. I started looking at it the other night and it is AWESOME!! I would highly recommend it if you enjoy cooking and learning about other parts of the world. The pictures are very colorful and give great step by step instructions. A few of the recipes call for some ingredients that might be hard to obtain, but for the most part it's doable. It also has special pages introducing different fruits and vegetables from around the world. I'm looking forward to doing some of these recipes with Sophie along with studying the different countries that they come from. You could develop an entire Social Studies unit based on this one book! (Can you tell I used to be a teacher?!) I always loved Social Studies when I was in school. I hope to pass some of this on to my kiddos. I also hope that I can pass on world vision that will encourage the kids to pray for God to work in the hearts of those in different parts of the world. Anyway, I couldn't pass up a chance to recommend this to all of you!

God bless!

No comments: