Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's Cookin'?

Tonight I needed to do something kind of of quick...well, at least most of it. The thing that took the longest was the spoonbread...a favorite of Sophie's and a recipe I got from my friend Catherine when we were in Thailand. The other part of the meal was just a can of green beans with potatoes and ham flavoring and some talapia. This is how I did the fish...

My favorite way to do the talapia is to put a little butter with some garlic salt and dill weed on both sides. I have one of those small George Foreman grills and it is great for doing talapia. My favorite seasoning for this particular fish is Pampered Chef's dill seasoning. It is awesome on this fish! I also picked up a tip with the Foreman Grill...if you put Reynold's Release Foil on it before you plug it in, you can still cook your meat with a lot less mess and clean up. Much easier!

Now for the favorite dish...
Spoonbread
  • 1 box Jiffy cornbread
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 can (16 oz) creamed corn
  • 1 cup of sour cream (I just used the whole 8 oz container of light daisy)

Mix the ingredients together and put into a square casserole dish (I used the 8 x 8...or 9x9...I can't remember). Cook on 400 for about 1 hour. It'll be kind of moist when it's done, but it'll be brown on the top. Good stuff!

Hope you enjoy!

Blessings to you!

No comments: