Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Queen for a day


Well, this morning we loaded up the car and headed to Macon so that I could go to the doctor. Coughing hard for the sixth day has taken it's toll and I had to get it checked out. I found out that, yes, I have a prescription-worthy cough and have an ear infection! Who'd a thought?! Mom comes with me and the kiddos to the appointment and we decide to go to Ingleside Village Pizza for lunch! Yay! That place is AWESOME! Dad met us there and took Sophie and my niece with him so that mom and I could have some "girl time"...well, girl time plus a little one in tow. Mom, Isaac, and I headed off to a new mall in north Macon and Mom told me she was going to take me shopping. She told me I was Queen for the Day. We had so much fun trying on dresses and both found one for my sister's wedding that will be in September. Then we got smoothies at Smoothie King. I've never had one from there before and it was good. Mom then told me that she and Dad would watch the kids and I could go get a pedicure. Wow! Mom knew just what I needed. Then Mom cooked a great supper for all of us and she and Dad are keeping Sophie until Friday so that I can get some rest and recuperate from being sick. Being Queen for the Day was the sweetest, greatest thing I could've ever wanted today. I needed that this week. Thanks, Mom! I hope all of you moms out there get to be Queen for the Day sometime soon!
God bless..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome my sweet daughter! You deserved a day like this! It was equally as fun for me to see you and to brighten your day just a little! I know from experience how hard it can be sometimes to be a mom with little ones! I'm so blessed to be able to have spent the day with you and hope we can do it again soon! I love you! MOM

Keisha said...

Oh .. MAN! How nice! I'm sure you did have a Great day! I think all moms should get this at least once a month. lol!
Sorry you were sick though.. hope you feel better soon. ;)

Jean Joiner said...

what a sweet mom! i'm glad you had such a nice treat!