Monday, June 15, 2009

Story time at the library







Today we went to the local library's story time. We went once last year, but Sophie wasn't really into it. I thought this year she would be old enough to enjoy it. She did well for a two year old...she wasn't very still but was relatively quiet and participated in the activity (making a kitty cat from shapes). I must admit I'm probably a little too overbearing...I want her to sit down, pay some attention, and most of all, be obedient and have good manners. Probably a little high on the expectations, but I can't help it! I'm glad she said thank you and overall did quite well. I'm looking forward to taking her more and with time she'll keep improving. I know she's learning and she's very young. I guess it's the teacher in me that wants her to do well, and the mother in me wants her to have good manners and obey me. With God's help, she'll continue to grow into a sweet young lady. And I will grow into a mother that allows her some freedom, but still protects her and teaches her with love and patience. It was a fun day!

No comments: