Thursday, May 21, 2009

Check it out!

Thanks to Keisha for the awesome new blog design!! She is a very talented gal! Check out her website at blogs for babies. I'm pretty sure there's a link at the bottom of this page. I love it!


I also wanted to share what's cookin' tonight! We had a tuna casserole that a friend in Thailand gave me the recipe for. It's awesome! Let me tell you...I used to hate tuna growing up. I've actually come to love it fixed certain ways. I'm very picky about fish (can't do anything with a "fishy" taste) and don't eat seafood in general. This has a very mild tuna taste, so I'm sure you , and even your kids, will enjoy!


Tuna Casserole~


  • 2 cups tuna (I always get the tuna that's in water)

  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup

  • 1 cup mayo (I used light Kraft...and I'm sure you could do a little less if you wanted to)

  • 1 cup diced celery

  • 1 cup cooked rice

  • 1 tsp minced onion

  • 1 Tbs lemon juice

  • 1 cup almonds on top (I used the almond slivers)

  • cornflakes on top--optional (I opted not to)

Mix everything together, put in a casserole dish, and bake at 375 for 30 mins.


We ate it with a salad. I also made dessert tonight, which I don't usually do. It's an easy dessert that tastes great. You get your favorite can of pie filling. Tonight I used a can of strawberry. Then you get a box of cake mix that will complement it. I chose white vanilla cake mix. Other good combos are cherry with chocolate cake mix (my favorite), blueberry with yellow cake mix, apple with spice cake mix, etc. You get a casserole dish and put in the can of pie filling. Then you sprinkle about half the box of cake mix on top--just the powder straight from the box. Then you pour about a stick of melted butter of the top...or you can just put dallops all over of soft butter. I baked mine on 375 for 30 mins and it didn't get completely done (I think my dish might've been too deep...if you spread it out more over a larger dish, it does better). But it was still very tasty! You may need to do it for about 45 min. You can also sprinkle chopped nuts on top if you like before baking.

And this is the meal (except the dessert)! I also included our prayer sticks in the picture. The stick I featured on the top says, "future children and future generations". I created this when Joe and I first got married. So we will continue to pray for any more children we may have and our children's children, and on down the line. God hears our prayers!

God bless!

5 comments:

Keisha said...

Ummmmm! Yummers!
I love the sticks idea!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Love your blog .. ;)

No Greater Gift Mom said...

Keisha sent me over and I'm SO glad she did! Can't wait to learn more about you and glean some of your wonderful ideas! Hope you have a blessed weekend!
In Him,
E

Jean Joiner said...

love those prayer sticks...and how cute they look on your table too. i'm thinking about doing something similar...maybe with memory verses.

Paula Ea said...

Prayer sticks...how great! What other ideas do you have on there for things to pray for? Are they all ongoing things or do you put more immediate needs and then toss them when answered?? Just curious.

The Great Adventure said...

We have lots of different things to pray for. Most of them are things that can continually be prayed for...family members, missionaries, friends and their families, etc. You can basically do it how you'd like. It would be easy to add or take away the sticks. We even had one for Katrina hurricane victims. Even though it's been a while, we still pray for them. It's really up to you. That's the cool thing about it...you can make it how you want!