Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Night of Praise


Our church, First Baptist of Eastman, had a great night of praise tonight! Our choir recently recorded a cd not too long ago. It's entitled You Are God Alone. Everything went really well tonight as we performed all the songs on the cd! All of the soloists did an awesome job and I, along with several others, were a part of the orchestra. It was such a privilege to be a part of this! I felt like the Holy Spirit was there with us, guiding us through each song. We also celebrated new life in Christ for several who were baptized tonight. What a blessing to see new believers experience baptism. It made me think of my own baptism. I remember feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit with me. Another special thing was that my grandfather who just passed away was there in the water with me as I was baptised. That just came to my mind tonight. What a great memory. I praise the Lord for all of His blessings...especially for my salvation! I'm so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me and because of that I can look forward to eternity with Him in Heaven.
God bless!

3 comments:

Keisha said...

i know!!! It was Awesome Indeed! You guys ROCKED!!!!!! Thank you for all that yall do! I'll be thinking of you today as you prepare for your Grandfather's funeral. I know it will be a sad time... but, I remember what you said about him being a Christian & in a far better place, I thank the Lord for that!!!
Hugs!
Keisha

The Great Adventure said...

Thanks, Keisha! Ya'll rocked too, girl! I love hearing you sing Orphans of God! You're a blessing!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, Stacey! MOM