Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fun and Fit

God has really blessed me the past couple of days! I'm one of those gals that loves to talk/hang out with people....particularly my hubby and other gals. Lately, with adjusting to having baby #2, balance everything, etc., I just haven't had enough of that. A few days ago, I had a really fun visit with a friend from church. I think God wanted me to see just how many "kindred spirits" he has around me! Friday the whole crew drove to Buckner's restaurant just below Atlanta to eat with the family. Another fun time of fellowship and good communication time for Joe and I. Sometimes our best communication takes place just driving in the car! On our way home my sister noticed my mounting gray hairs and obvious root grow out (yes, I color my hair...and plan to continue for quite a while :-D). She says, "Stacey, would you let me color your hair and experiment a little bit?" I said, "Sure, why not?!" So we went to Kroger, bought a couple of boxes, and back to my parents house we went. She did a great job (pics later)! She also cut me some bangs! The funnest part about it though was just connecting with family and also reliving some old memories (we used to color each others' hair all the time). So fun! Today Mom, my sister, and I went shopping, kids in tow, and then to my sister's to play on her Wii. I have not had that much fun in a long time! I love Wii fit! We laughed as I tried the hula hoop (I looked ridiculous I'm sure) and attempt some of the yoga moves. My sister and I played tennis and bowling on Wii sport. I told Joe this would be a great date night activity! All this points me back to...God is good! He knew I needed this kind of relaxed, fun fellowship. Even if I don't get to do this kind of stuff very often, it makes the time I do get to do it all the sweeter. Thank you God, for loving me and meeting my EVERY need!
God bless you!

No comments: