Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coming and going...

I think my cousin, John David, said it best in his email. I wanted to pass it on...

Our son Noah Reagan was born last night after a long, long adventure. When Nat went into labor Thursday morning, we called our moms and they made the trip. My mom Beverly got here after lunch and got a call shortly thereafter that my Granddad, who led me to Christ and practically reared my brother and I and was a father to us, had developed double pneumonia and was not doing well. We knew that as Natalie progressed toward delivery and Noah neared entering the world, Grandpa was weakening and would soon leave it. Noah was born at 8:26, and my Grandpa and hero Onus Sanders passed away this morning at 4:59 am. So its been a bittersweet morning, but mostly sweet as Grandpa is with Jesus. Please pray today for my mom as she travels 4 hours home alone and for my Grandma Harriette as she deals with the loss, though Grandpa had been in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimer's for a long time. We love you. We praise Jesus for new life in Noah and for freedom in Heaven with Jesus for my Grandpa. Love, JD

We'll miss you, Granddaddy, but we're glad you're at peace and with Jesus!


Welcome baby Noah! We're so glad you're here with us!

God bless!

No comments: