Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I want to be a loser!

Ok...let me begin by saying that I love the show The Biggest Loser! It looks like it would be so hard, but so awesome at the same time. I've decided to do a challenge for myself. I would like to lose 5 lbs each month over the next several months. That's a realistic goal, I think. My sister is getting married in September, so if I worked hard and disciplined myself, I will have lost 20 lbs by the wedding! I'm going to work on it! I'll let you know how it goes. One thing I need to do is remind myself of 1 Corinthians 10:31..."Whether you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God". I have that on an index card on my refridgerator. I've had it there for years, but I haven't lived by it. I don't always glorify God in what I eat or drink, but I want to. Please pray for me!

This brings to mind another thing that I've done around the house. I've written different Bible verses on index cards. Most of them I've done in bright colors and I drew little pictures over key words or underlined key words so that I could remember them better. I've also put them in key places. I've got a verse about thinking on the Lord in my sleep taped to the lamp beside my bed. I've got the verse I mentioned before on my fridge. I've got another verse on my mirror in our bedroom. In the past, I've used a whiteboard marker and written verses on the bathroom mirror...when you want to change it, you can just wipe it off and go again. It's good to keep the Word of the Lord in your sight...and it's great if you have kids, too. An encouraging word on their bathroom mirror might minister to them in the mornings before school. It could also minister to your husband or wife to leave them a note claiming a verse for them. As I'm writing this, I know that I need to do this more often myself. I used to do better about leaving my husband notes of encouragement. I have kind of neglected this as time has gone by.

I have lots of goals...pray for me that God will help me have the motivation I need!! Thanks!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

You Go Girl! You can do it! ;)