Monday, May 11, 2009

A Special Day






Sunday was a special day...it was Mother's Day and baby dedication day at our church. What a blessing to be able to be celebrated as a mom on the same day that we commit to raise our baby in a Christian home! What a challenge! Joe and I have a strong desire to see our children exposed as much as possible to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have recently started doing Bible story time after supper with Sophie. I was able to create a fun way for us to do prayer time with her. I've written the names of friends, family, missionaries, etc. on popsicle sticks. We have two small metal buckets...one with the popsicle sticks of those we've prayed for and one for those we've yet to pray for. We tell Sophie to "pick a stick". She really enjoys it. I hope that she will continue to enjoy hearing God's Word and praying for others for years to come...and even encourage her brother to do the same!

We dedicated Isaac during the 11 o'clock service and afterwards my mom, dad, sister, niece, Joe, Sophie, Isaac, and I went to Little Ocmulgee State Park in McRae, GA for lunch. There was quite a wait, but it was great! After lunch the girls got to play on the playground. Then we all came back to our house and had fun fellowshipping together. What a great day! I praise the Lord for it!




2 comments:

Keisha said...

It was a Beautiful Day!!!! Such a Blessing!
I LOVE your idea about the prayer sticks!! Us bloggers would LOVE to see pics & hear more!!! WE LOVE these cute IDEAS Stacey! I've already learned a few tips from you guys (I will wait) LOL!! I'm so glad your blogging! You will be able to share all of these Great Ideas with the blogging community now!!

The Great Adventure said...

It was fun to see you guys dedicating sweet Faith, too! Girl, I love blogging! It's so fun. I love finding good ideas from people, too...in fact, most of my cute ideas come from other people :-). I'll try to take a picture of the prayer sticks soon...it's fun! I would also recommend Operation World...a great book for praying for different countries.