Thursday, May 7, 2009

My first post!

I'm so excited...it's my first post! I hope that you'll enjoy my randomness! I wanted to start this blog as a way to stay in touch with friends and family and also because I love reading other people's blogs! For those of you who don't know me, I'm married to my wonderful husband, Joe, and we have a two year old girl named Sophie and a three month old named Isaac. My hands are full! My desire is to be a good wife and mom, and to do this in a way that glorifies the Lord. I'm really interested in homeschooling my children when they get older. I've enjoyed teaching Sophie little things already...and she's a very quick learner! I am also interested in trying to live a healthier lifestyle...but right now it's in a desire that isn't quite in application mode yet. But I love reading about what other people are doing to help their family be healthy....it's motivating! I'm also trying to lose this baby weight that feels like it's sticking to my body! :-) This was tough with my first baby...so I know it's going to be tough this time around. I'm starting to walk more and I really need to eat better...it's hard when you're exhausted and feel hungry all the time! So any encouraging words are welcome! :-) Joe and I were watching the Biggest Loser the other night and it's so encouraging. We were like...let's do a marathon! (The contestants did a marathon on the show the other night) Who knows...maybe one day! I think it would be good to have a goal, though. If anyone is interested in training for something and would like to do it together...let me know! I need some accountability! Anyway, (I told you I have a lot of random thoughts! :-)) I look forward to posting more thoughts and hopefully it'll get more and more focused as time goes on :-). By the way, I also love to make new recipes. So I'll probably include some "What's cooking with Stacey" every once in a while! Until next time...God bless!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! :)

Jean Joiner said...

very encouraging. loosing baby weight is so tough. i'm right there with you! my friend, melissa, has a blog...http://dropthebabyweight.com/wordpress/. :) she's actually pregnant right now, but she has some good stuff on there.