Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A time to visit

This week is our last official week of our church's evangelism blitz. I was able to go out visiting with a friend of mine at a couple of houses and it was awesome. Such a blessing! There are so many people in our cities, towns, state, etc. that need ministry. Some may be Christians, some may not, but there always seems to be a need. Tonight someone we visited just needed to know that someone cared and wanted to see how they were doing. It was a mutual blessing. Visiting someone you don't know, or don't know very well, can be intimidating. That's how I felt when Joe and I started going out together. Once I got over that initial feeling of hesitancy, I realized how much God was blessing me and using me through this. I want to encourage you...you can be a blessing to someone through a simple visit! If you have kids, bring them along! We've taken Sophie and Isaac to visit people in the hospital and the nursing home. People in the nursing home love to see little children. We've seen our kids brighten up their day. It's an easy way to share God's love.
May the Lord bless you today! Stacey

No comments: