Monday, May 18, 2009

What's Cookin'?

Well, I did cook barbeque pork chops tonight and a few other things from a can and a box, so I won't feature those things! I did want to pass along a recipe that I got from a friend of mine that I cook quite often. It's easy, quick, and tastes great! I had some chicken already cooked, so I just heated up the ingredients on the stovetop on low and added my cooked chicken and it tasted great. But usually I cook it in the crockpot. Here it is....
Easy Chicken (I don't know what the formal name is!):
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup with herbs (be sure it's got the herbs!)
  • 1 8 oz container of sour cream (I use the light kind and it tastes good)
  • chicken (I usually use a package of boneless skinless breasts (4) or one pack of tenderloins)

Just mix it all together and you can cook it in the crockpot on high for about 2 or 2 1/2 hours or low for longer...maybe 4 or 5 hours. It makes a great sauce that is good over rice or mashed potatoes.

Here's one more favorite that is awesome!

Lemon chicken:

  • 1 3 oz package of lemon jello
  • 1/4 cup of yellow mustard
  • 1/4 cup of oil (some type of vegetable oil works best)
  • 1 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
  • chicken (again, I usually use skinless, boneless 4 pack)

Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in a casserole dish (you don't have to grease it). Mix ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook in oven for about an hour...mine is usually done in about 45 min.

Hope you like it...I usually serve the lemon chicken over rice. The sauce is a little tangy and it tastes great over rice!

God bless,

Stacey

No comments: