Monday, May 25, 2009

Hearts and Jumps...

Ok...get ready...this might be a long post! A lot has happened today...and it was awesome! First, I wanted to share an idea. Sophie wasn't really eating many sandwiches until I found a way to make it easier for her to eat. Let's just say that cookie cutters serve more than one purpose! :-) I cut Sophie's sandwiches into shapes now (mostly hearts), which makes it easier for her to manage, but also makes it fun. We also get rid of the crust in the process! Today my large heart was dirty, so I did two small hearts. You could also do this with different foods that you would like your child to eat. Here's a pic...

I have the sandwich on my favorite little plates from Ikea. I LOVE their kids plates, cups, bowls, forks, spoons, and knives. You can get a pack of plates (6) for about $2. You can also get a set of bowls for the same price. I also got a pack of several plastic ware pieces for the same. I highly recommend them!!

The next part of this post is about our Memorial Day. I'll start by saying that a lot of times, Joe and I are spontaneous when we're deciding what to do. Joe came in our room this morning and suggested we go to the beach for the day. I thought this was an awesome idea...but I was wiped out tired. I just wanted to sleep. So we didn't go. But, we then thought...well, let's go to Macon/Warner Robins and do something fun. We decided to take Sophie to this place that has all of those jumpy things for kids. That was doable. We called my Mom (we also wanted to see if she could babysit for us later in the evening while we went to a movie) and decided to pick up my niece to go to the jumpy place with us. So, we got there and the girls had fun. Isaac hung out with me in the snuggly.


As we were leaving, Joe was asking me if I had a Gospel tract to give to the girl who worked there. I didn't, and I just thought, "oh, well...I'll have to get one for next time." I'm so glad that Joe was obedient and didn't let that stop him from sharing with this young girl. He started asking her some questions while we were standing there and basically this girl wanted to know the Lord and just didn't know what to do. She prayed to receive Christ right there!! Praise the Lord! She said she doesn't have any friends and really wants to get into church. Please pray for her!! We exchanged addresses and I plan to write her. This was a HUGE blessing to me and I pray that the Lord will help her as she begins this new journey with Him.
God bless!

2 comments:

Keisha said...

WOW!!! Stacey what a Great Post!! You Go Joe, before being what God has called us to be!!! That is AWESOME!!

I Love the plates,.. gotta go check them out. :)
What movie did you guys go see?

The Great Adventure said...

We saw Night at the Museum 2. Fun movie! I liked the first one, too. This is the first movie we've gone to since before Isaac was born! It was great!