Friday, May 8, 2009

Fabulous Fridays


What makes Fridays so fabulous?! Joe is off of work and I get to sleep in! Even though I'm waking up throughout the morning to feed Isaac, I can go back to sleep and Joe will take care of Sophie when she gets up. What a treat! I'm telling you...this week I really needed that extra sleep. I was worn out! I've been trying to clean house this week for some guests we're having on Saturday (more on that later). So after the much needed rest, we did the normal getting ready stuff, ate, etc. and then I decided to load the kids into the double stroller and walk to the grocery store for a few things. It was fun! This will have to be done again soon! Here are the kiddos in the stroller. This was taken at least a month ago, but it's basically how they looked today :-) . Thanks to my sister-in-law for the stroller! We love it! The rest of the day went on as usual, but one of my favorite parts came when I was rocking Sophie to bed (yes, I still rock her a few minutes...I just can't give that special time up!). She whispered in my ear, "Mommy, go to sleep little baby." (She likes for me to sing that to her) At the time that was just so precious to me. I know these days won't last forever, so I'm going to try and soak in the moments with that sweet little head on my shoulder and singing her to sleep.
As for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing one of my old high school friends, Laura, and her husband, Bobby. They're coming in to have lunch with us and visit. One thing that makes it so exciting is that they're expecting their first baby, a girl, before too long! They'll also get to meet our little ones for the first time! I'm going to post our menu tomorrow...mainly the wonderful chicken salad recipe my sister gave me!
Hope you all had a fabulous Friday!

1 comment:

Keisha said...

Man.. SLEEP! What is that?!! LOL! How sweet of JOE!
I thought yesterday went well!! All the babies were SOO good! It was really sweet & little Issac was so Handsome! ;)
Can't wait to see that recipe post!
;)